My annual Christmas party is next Saturday. Why have a Christmas party a few days after Halloween? Ten reasons:
Why Have a Christmas Party the Saturday after Halloween?
10. Christmas songs should be sung for more than a month each year. (Ruth Bascom will lead us, beginning around 8.)
9. It’s the day we leave daylight savings time, so it’s the only 25-hour day. (And you were going to sleep that extra hour!)
8. Everybody’s too busy in December to celebrate Christmas or the Solstice or whatever it is you celebrate in December.
7. FOOD for Lane County needs extra donations as soon as the weather turns cold. (Please bring two items with you.)
6. We’ll have a Halloween Candy Exchange. (Bring what you bought too much of. Leave with stuff you’re not yet sick of.)
5. The Arr-Gee has begun publishing Kahle’s Bishoff-like prattlings on Fridays. (Seriously, how long can that last?)
4. Discussing politics before ballots are counted helps the local liquor economy. (BYOB – mixers, ice, snacks provided.)
3. Nobody’s lost yet, so we can all be friends, right? (See #4)
2. Why should stores & elevators have all the extra holiday fun?
1. Help us prevent the commercialization of Thanksgiving.